Re: 3 questions

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 3 questions
From: "Andrew C. Green" <dlogics!hermes.dlogics.com!acg@uunet.UU.NET>
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 1993 09:58:31 CST
  (lrc@red4est.felton.ca.us) writes:
> Of course the only electrical equipment worse than Lucas is Marelli,
> Ducellie (sp?), Bosch, Delco ...
                         ^^^^^

*urp*   Hey, I don't think so... I have yet to see a Delco connector fall
off, break off, melt, rot, etc. in normal use, nor have I seen their ECM
modules crash, and their factory stereos are built like tanks. For example,
in the earlier stereos, back when they had pointers moving across a dial,
the Delco units used elaborate gearing and slip clutches to operate the
tuner dial, when everyone else had a silly piece of string and a tensioning
spring. When the string broke, it was such a pain to replace it that you
were better off pitching the unit and buying another. Delco have their share
of design screwups, all right, but Lucas and Company have achieved excellence
in incompetence that Delco and others can only dream of.

Andrew C. Green
Datalogics, Inc.      Internet: acg@dlogics.com
441 W. Huron          UUCP: ..!uunet!dlogics!acg
Chicago, IL  60610    FAX: (312) 266-4473