Re: pushing compression

To: british-cars@hoosier, muller@sunrise.alliant.com
Subject: Re: pushing compression
From: mason@ftp.com (Stark Raving Mason)
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 91 17:23:24 -0500
Uh oh, I think I've seen this one before.... Jims spit wants 95 octane,
but that's a *british* octane - just like a british gallon is different
a british 9/16" wrench is different, so is a british octane. I nearly freaked
when (after buying it) I found out my Triumph Trident (motorcycle) wanted 100
octane LEADED, but it always ran find on 92. When in Ireland a couple
years ago I saw pumps dispensing 100 octane leaded. They use R or M,
we use R+M/2, so I guess whatever they use is a couple points higher.
I've run motorcycles with compressions of 9.5:1 or greater on 92 with
no problems.