Aftermarket hard tops

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Aftermarket hard tops
From: spit@neuro.duke.edu (Michael D. Burdick)
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 91 10:25:00 EDT
Now that cooler, WETTER weather is approaching (known as Winter here in the
south), I've been thinking about a hard top for our Spitfire 1500.  A less
than exhaustive search of the area for a used factory top has come up empty
so I am thinking about an aftermarket top.  So, the big question is are
they any good.  My big concern is with fit.  If it is going to leak, what's
the point, I'll just use the soft top.  It would also be nice to find one
that looks good (where good = close to the factory top).  Does a good
fitting, good looking, reasonably priced hard top exist?

=>mdb
`All we are, basically, are monkeys with car keys.' - Grandma Woody