Where's the voltage stabilizer on TR6???

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Where's the voltage stabilizer on TR6???
From: key@cs.utk.edu
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 91 12:43:55 EDT
Greetings all,
  With InterOp '91 out of the way, I was able to finish getting
my '73 TR6 running this weekend just in time to enjoy
the fall leaves in the Smokies.

Ahhh...  leaves in the teeth.

It survived my head gasket replacement and oil-filter mistakes
and is running just like before the Big Boil-Over, including
still wanting to overheat when sitting still for long periods
(stop and go traffic bites!).  Temp. and oil pressure is better
than before going down the road but its also a lot cooler now
and shows that I need 10w40 and to put that thermostat back in.

So I'm back to starting work I was planning a few months ago
which leads to two questions:

1) Where is the voltage stabilizer behind the dash??? I've got
a new voltage stabilizer 'cause I think my gas gauge and temp.
gauge readings are way high (180F is the 3/4 mark and a full tank
buries the gas needle) and I'm always pulling a charge according
to the volt meter.  I didn't find the info in Haynes or Bentley
and would like some idea of where to look before I start pulling
it apart.  My guess is back with the temp. and gas gauge cluster.

2)  I know I'm reaching, but which way is the fan supposed to
face?  It's supposed to PULL the air through, right?  Which
way does the crank turn???

Still looking for a nice garage with a house attached...
Ken Key  (key@cs.utk.edu)