Re: California Dreamer

To: Roland Dudley <cobra@dtc.hp.com>
Subject: Re: California Dreamer
From: key@cs.utk.edu
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 91 12:38:45 EDT
>  Nothing at all as far as I know
> but I'll try work something in anyway by recommending that those of you
> on the list planning to visit the Bay Area include a tour of the Napa
> Valley in your itinerary if possible.

Ahhh, but where can we rent an LBC at SJO....?  (preferably
with Unlimited Mileage :-)  I come every October for InterOp
and I concur.  The Smoky Mountains are great in their Fall Plumage,
but so is the Napa Valley.

I'm still cleaning the head and block mating surfaces. I've
got this funny fibrous deposit all over the head that I can't
figure out.  I drag the straight-edge over the top off it and
I see lines of off-white stuff.  It almost looks like asbestos.
Anyone care to hazard a guess (I'm not breathing it no matter
what it is).

It's taking a lot of VERY CAREFUL scraping with a straight edge
to get the various deposits off the head.  Spent 3 hours last
night and only got 1/3 of the head cleared.  Am I doing this the
hard way?  Is there a trick?  Or is this just part of "being one
with the car". I'm learning lots, though, and having fun (and
still haven't been able to clear that drain blockage from my
block drain, but I have scraped out a lot of crud!)

That's what weekends are for!
Ken Key  (key@cs.utk.edu)