RE>Re- Triumph Specialty

To: british-cars@encore.com
Subject: RE>Re- Triumph Specialty
From: Jerry Kaidor <Jerry_Kaidor.ENGINTWO@engtwomac.synoptics.com>
Date: 19 Aug 91 10:28:19
        Reply to:   RE>Re: Triumph Specialty
Chris Kent writes:

The place has got to be a front for some other business. They can't
possibly make money selling parts. Like it says in mjb's list, I'm
surprised that no one has torched them yet.

***** Yes, sure they make money selling parts.  What they do, is they advertise
heavily in all the  local phone books.  So people buy a british car, see the
nice little ad with the TR3, and go on down.  TS charges them five times
what the parts are worth, and make their money quick before the
people get disgusted and go elsewhere.  Sample:

    TR3 T-seal that goes under the windshield frame:  Moss/TRF: about $8.00;
TS:  $35.00!  This was a few years ago, so the price of the seal is
probably a bit higher even at Moss & TRF, but it gives you the general idea.

     - Jerry

p.s.  Yes, I'm back from vacation!  Stay tuned for MGA update after I wade
through the pile of work on my desk, and the 225 emails on my Mac!