Clutch parts and Re-MGD???

To: british-cars@encore.com
Subject: Clutch parts and Re-MGD???
From: Jerry Kaidor <Jerry_Kaidor.ENGINTWO@engtwomac.synoptics.com>
Date: 19 Aug 91 15:16:29
GatorMail-Q                   Clutch parts and Re:MGD???

Scott Fisher writes:

>Whenever anyone would ask how much MGs cost, I'd say "Four
>thousand dollars."  "Then the one I saw in the Pennysaver
>for $1500 must be a good deal?" they'd ask.  "No," I said,
>"it just means that you'll have to spend $2500 to get it
>to work right after you buy it."  I think the numbers might
>have gone up over time, but the concept is still right on
>the money.

  This is a direct corollary on "the Jerry Principle".  To wit:

     "THE LESS YOU PAY FOR A CAR, THE MORE YOU PAY FOR THE CAR".

  Let's view the principle in action:  One day, my friend Dave got a bug up his
bonnet:  He HAD to have a TR3.  Dave located a cheap TR3A for the low low price
of $6000.  TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS LATER, Dave had a really nice car.
   Now, because of health reasons, Dave was forced to sell his TR3, which was
purchased by a gentleman in Belgium for $10,000. Now, since Dave paid $6000 for
the car, he actually paid $16,000 for the car.  Since the Belgian paid $10,000
for the car, he only paid $10,000.  Clear as mud?

   - Jerry Kaidor