midget sale

To: british-cars@encore.com
Subject: midget sale
From: Mike Wynn <kapp3@syma.sussex.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 91 17:27:46 WET DST

Hi chaps,
        I dont know whether this is a kosher thing to do but...

        I have a 1974 rwa chrome bumpered midget (1330cc). This car is
        tatty however the sills are good and the floor has been plated.
        The boot lid needs replacing as do the doors (I have a painted
        replacement door and a door skin and inner). It also need the
        bulkhead replacement panels doing. It also features a Sebring
        fibreglass front end. (tatty hard and soft tops and tonneau)

        This may not seem a good start but it has lots of good bits on
        it:

        Spax adjustable telescopics all round, remote servo and aerobar
        roll over bar. It runs a single HIF6 and uses a lcb exhaust and
        straight through system (maniflo, 6mths old) and decent
        modified engine;

        This features a ported std valve size head, kent md276 rally cam
        rebore +30 thou., tuftrided crank, centre main-bearing steel
        brace, lightened flywheel and has done 30k miles of sympathetic
        driving with tlc (oil pressure 55psi hot, 35psi hot idle)

        This car was put on the rolling road and set up by a well known
        contender in the metro (rover) challenge (Peter baldwin).
        It put out 84@ the wheels (full race std valve size head midgets
        register 92 on this rolling road).

        It also has a centre console in black crinkle finish, 100/55w
        halogen relayed lights, mountney wheel and four v. good nct
        eagles and 4mth old radiator.

        the car is a bit tatty and the gearbox jumps out of 2nd and 3rd
        as a result of the increased stress from the engine, but I also
        have
         a Rooster Racing toyota five speed gearbox conversion complete
        with box and special speedo cable

                any sensible offer considered

        Dr. Mike Wynn kapp3@sussex.cluster or kapp3@sussex.syma
        or Brighton (0273) 606755 ex 3243 (day) 686115 (eve)