Rebuild + 600 miles

To: british-cars@encore.com
Subject: Rebuild + 600 miles
From: carl@neocad.com (Carl Stern)
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 91 18:57:53 MDT
The old general engine break-in question again:

     My MGB now has ~600 miles on it since the engine rebuild.  This weekend
I plan on changing the oil and filter. Are Frams available, or do I need
something exotic like a Lucas?  What else should I do at this time?  Adjust
the valves?  Re-torque head bolts?
     After this, is it ok to really rev it, or should I do some continued
break-in until 1000 miles?  I kept the revs under 3500 for the first 500mi, I
have occasionally gone to 4000-4500 in this past 100 miles.  I'm dying to
redline this baby to see what it'll do.  Is a gradual increase in order or can
I let 'er rip?  Thanks.

 Carl