Re: BPD Warning ...

To: neilson@mprgate.mpr.ca, british-cars@encore.com
Subject: Re: BPD Warning ...
From: bobj@meaddata.com (Robert Jones)
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 91 14:55:30 EDT
Rob writes:
[tale of woe about BPD,mostly deleted for brevity]
..

>He then said no problem if I didn't want the stuff - he would be glad to take
>it back. I said "great, then you will just credit my VISA and we'll all be
>happy", to which Bob replied "less 20% re-stocking charge".
>
>We had an argument.
>
>Unfortunately, Bob knows I don't live near him, and is probably 100% correct
>in assuming there is absolutely nothing I can do.

If you paid by Visa and haven't paid the bill yet, call Visa and tell them
not to pay this guy and that you have returned the stuff.  He then has to
deal with Visa to get his money.  I have never had to do this but I have heard
it is very effective.  (It always seems to be a selling point of all of
the "pre-approved" Visa applications I get sent to me.

>this type of thing sure pisses me off.

Bob "the above Bob is not representative of Bobs at large" Jones
bobj@meaddata.com