Re: K&N air filters for SU carbs

To: ez002679@castor.ucdavis.edu
Subject: Re: K&N air filters for SU carbs
From: phile%pwcs@uxc.cso.uiuc.edu (Philip J Ethier)
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 91 8:18:37 CDT
My solution to the SU filter problem on my Spridget was to dump the stock air
cleaners and put on velocity stacks.  Then I put foam filter socks over the
stacks.  Huffaker sells them, but I got my socks cheaper from an Italian parts
house, International Auto Parts, in Virginia. (804) 973-0555

Interestingly, the Lotus has a side-draft Weber with the same kind of socks.

You can wash and oil the socks just like the K&N filters.

If you are bound and determined to keep the stock setup, K&N is a good choice
for filters.

--
Login name: phile                       In real life: Philip J Ethier
Phone: 298-5324