Re: Garage Floor Paint

To: british-cars@encore.com
Subject: Re: Garage Floor Paint
From: knipper%optilink@uunet.uu.net (Ron Knipper)
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 91 19:38:51 PDT
Back in May, I posted my experience using a high-density epoxy coating
as a garage floor paint.  This stuff is called Amerlock 400, and I
obtained it from a local industrial paint distributor (Davlin Paints
in Petaluma CA).  It ain't cheap - $130 for a 2 gal kit.

After 4 months, the only blemish on the finish is where I drove over
it before it was completely cured which left a patch of black tire
treads on the floor *permanently*.  I have not found any chemical
that disolves the stuff.  Acetone, Gummout, Hoppes #9 (gun cleaning
solvent), and MEK will dull it a little, but gas and LMA seem to have
no effect.  I cleaned some it off my jumbo screwdriver by soaking it
over night in acetone to soften it a little, and then scraping it off
with a utility knife.

Ron Knipper
DSC Optilink
707-792-7238