need exhaust info

To: british-cars@encore.com (SOL list)
Subject: need exhaust info
From: tj@alpine.b17a.ingr.com (T.J. Higgins)
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 91 11:10:55 CDT
The Alpine needs a new exhaust system.  Now is the time, since I had
to take the down pipe off in order to get the starter out (it's being
rebuilt as we speak; thanks to all for the input).  I've needed a new
exhaust for a long time, but I've been ignoring it.  But now that the
old one is out (mostly), it doesn't make sense to put it back in and
then take it back out, say, next spring.

So tell me about exhaust systems.  I can get a stock one from Classic
Sunbeam, but it's $$$$.  Victoria British offers a Falcon brand
stainless steel system for about $250.  I don't know if that's a
competitive price, but the stainless steel system seems like the way
to go.

I'm not looking for anything super-duper, but I'm not such a purist
that I'll only consider stock.  I just want a decently priced system
that still gives a reasonably throaty rumble (if such a thing can be
obtained from a 1725cc four-cylinder).

I checked J.C. Witless, but they have nothing for Sunbeams.

Of course, I can always take it to Midas :-)

TIA,
T.J. Higgins    205-730-7922  |  higgins@ingr.com    (Internet)
Mapping Sciences Division     |  uunet!ingr!higgins  (uucp)
Intergraph Corp.  M/S IW17A4  Huntsville, Alabama, U.S.A.  35894-0001