Re: polygon models of LBCs

To: british-cars@encore.com (british-cars)
Subject: Re: polygon models of LBCs
From: southern@neit.cgd.ucar.edu (Lawrence Buja)
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 91 9:27:21 MDT

>I need some 3D polygon models of any of our beloved british
>sports cars.  It doesn't matter what format the data is in,
>I'll accept any data set and include any required attribution
>in the whiz-bang demo that it'll be used for.
>
>Alternately, if anyone out there knows of the where-abouts of
>a polygon model of an LBC drop me a note as well.
>
>...robert
>
>PS.  I could find British Leyland in the UUCP maps does this
>     mean they're using Lucas computers?  sorry...

Caution: vague, second hand story follows....

 When I was at Purdue, a friend was at a British car meet talking to
some TR-8 owners in the Indy Triumph club.  Somewhere along the line,
they indicated that the CAD data used in designing and manufacturing
the TR-8's and 7's is still in existance in a common, non-propriatary
data format that I can't remember the name of.  If you want to follow
this up, I can send you his phone number

--
                                     Lawrence Buja
                                     southern@ncar.ucar.edu