Sad news

To: british-cars@encore.com
Subject: Sad news
From: Dale C. Cook <cook@encore.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 91 10:34:41 EDT
(I was going to wait on this, but for reasons that will become
obvious, I'm "going public.")

Well the flame takes yet another flicker!  Encore Computers
announced last week that they are closing down the plant here
in Marlborough, Mass and consolidating the company down in
Fort Lauderdale, FL.  Since heat and humidity are not among
my favorite things, I will not be with Encore when our sixty
day warning period ends.

I have been chatting with Mark and he has agreed to take over
the list (Utah is more central anyway).  Nobody need do any-
thing right away as system encore will continue to run for
awhile and my cohorts here will make sure forwards and such
continue to work after I am gone.

I hope to establish a network access from home some time in
the future but may be out of touch for a bit.

Now, my selfish reason for blurting all this out with no
obvious british-cars content: People, I need a job!  If any
of you know of any 1st level management positions open or
even a senior technical contributor position, I'd appreciate
hearing from you.  My background is mostly in diagnostic
engineering, but I know C and UNIX pretty well, including
the administration side (which I've done for the past year.)
Oh, I also have been teaching the Phillip Crosby quality
management course here for the past year and would just love
to help some organization get into a quality improvment
program.  Thanks for any leads!  (I'm working on a resume
and will have it available soon.)

        - Dale, a.k.a. Our Fovnder
                a.k.a. An extremely poor picker of companies!