Humor

To: british-cars@encore.com
Subject: Humor
From: Cory Carpenter <coryc@sequent.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 91 13:46:12 -0700
License-plate frame seen on the way to work this morning on the back
of a TR-7 convertible:

        ========= Triumph ==========
        |                          |
        |                          |
        |                          |
        |                          |
        == I could have had a V8! ==

Ob. LBC tech question:  OK, I drove the Europa once or twice last week
with no problem.  Yesterday afternoon and today I've had no choice (time
for the annual "rebuilding of the starter" for the Plymouth).

It's *acting* like there's a fuel problem, either starvation or way too
rich (bucking, hard to keep it at idle, etc.)  I don't think it's
starvation, since I just put new filters on and purged the tank.  It
feels as though it's running right when I accelerate, but at constant
speed I can feel some jerking, bucking motions.  The ammeter will
fluctuate  just *slightly* with each buck, but not enough to make me
suspect electrics -- I think that's from the drop in RPMs.

If it is running rich, how could it change in a week, assuming it hasn't
been fiddled with?  (It hasn't been.)  The carb is some model of Weber
from who-knows-where, I haven't been able to find any markings on it to
determine what model it is (hints on how to find out would be
appreciated, also).

-coryc