California taxes

To: british-cars@encore.com, zursch@whizkid.wpd.sgi.com
Subject: California taxes
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@dtc.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 91 09:38:29 pdt
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 91 08:21:53 PDT
From: zursch@whizkid.wpd.sgi.com (Rex Racer)
To: Roland Dudley <cobra@dtc.hp.com>, british-cars@encore.com
Subject: Re:  California AB 758 & AB 1434

>What on earth are these bills for? I mean, when do you pay this
>tax? When you buy a car? When you have work done to it? When
>you reregister every year?

The purpose of these bills is to help reduce CA's $16 billion deficit.
Presumably that's why they're both in the tax and revenue code.  I don't
have any more information beyond what was originally posted but I assume
the fee increases would be included in the next registration renewal and
certainly when a transfer of ownership occurs.  BTW, Governor Wilson backs
both bills.

>I'm confused......and sick of California.

You have lot of company.

Roland