Re: Team Lotus?

To: Mike Johnson <hpupora!mikej@hpubvwa.nsr.hp.com>,
Subject: Re: Team Lotus?
From: lupienj@hpwarq.wal.hp.com (John Lupien)
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 91 09:24:17 EST
> I have heard ("Autoweek") that Team Lotus has had a reprieve for the '91
> season.  Someone, can't remember who, bought the racing team.  They will
> stay under the colours, if not the control of Lotus.

The Lotus racing team has not been under the control of the
car company since ACBC died. I believe that his widow had the
controlling stake in the racing team. It is good news that
they will race this year, but it seems the money is a bit late
in coming as far as their chances of developing a competitive setup
are concerned.

--
---
John R. Lupien