How do you get a differential from N.Y. to Wisc?

To: british-cars@alliant.Alliant.COM
Subject: How do you get a differential from N.Y. to Wisc?
From: mit-eddie!ames.arc.nasa.gov!ssi!coventry!rmb@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Keptin Komrade Dr. Bobwrench III)
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 90 10:09:00 CDT

        Since my diff has been a source of mystery clunks for a few
months now, I decided to replace it with the one from our parts car. But
the parts car is in N.Y. and my car is in Wisconsin.....Well, while I was
back this weekend, I rounded up the diff, drained the oil out, wrapped it in
a plastic bag, created a handle out of electrical wire, and brought it back
on the airplane as checked baggage.....Northwest was not amused - tough.
Made for a great scene at the security point where you try to get your
luggage out of the airport though!!

        Anyone got a 4.10 gear set?

        iii