Portland vs Palo Alto

To: british-cars@alliant.Alliant.COM (British-Cars)
Subject: Portland vs Palo Alto
From: Mike Johnson <mit-eddie!hplabs!hpupora!mikej@EDDIE.MIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 90 16:30:38 PDT
I will have to start with I have never been to the Palo Alto meet.
However;

Soapbox on ...

It seems to me that the two meetings are more similar than some think.
Including Teriann.  The first day of Portland is the same as Palo Alto.
Portland does add a concourse for those who want to enter.  Even the Jag's,
who run the show, have judged and non-judged entries.  It is walk around
and admire the cars.  You can vote on Peoples Choice if you want.  Yes they
do have more awards.  But if we all bought our LBC's to get awards ... (I
do not want to speculate about what the award should be or for.)

Yes Portland does have a second day.  You can enter the fun and games or
just watch.  (or in my case buy another LBC)

I guess the difference is that Portland is more structured and longer.
With the party Friday it streches over 2.5 days.  That brings problems.
Each year there are rumors that not enough people are helping and the meet
will be dropped this year.  That is a very real trap.  I don't know if
anyone that organizes Palo Alto reads the net but these things get big and
tend to take on a life of their own.

So what does all this mean?  Enjoy both.  If you want to see lots of cars
do both.  They are different and the same.  Enjoy.
--
 Mike Johnson
 Systems Engineer             UUCP:           hpupora!mikej