Wheel bearings

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Wheel bearings
From: mit-eddie!pwcs.StPaul.GOV!phile@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Philip J Ethier)
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 90 11:34:10 CDT
So, what does anybody know about front wheel bearings for Spridget?  I
called a local car parts place for bearings, and he says "ball or
roller?"  $30+ for each ball-bearing or $13 for each roller bearing.
Jack Nesset now tells me that they always used to use Timken bearings
in racing Spridgets because they were stronger.  I believe this, do
you?  Anyone else ever put roller bearings in?  He says they will take
two weeks to get, so I ordered them.  I hope my right front lasts just
ONE more autocross, then I have a break for three weeks.
--
phile@pwcs.stpaul.gov    In real life: Philip J Ethier
Phone: 298-5324