Flash from British Field Meet

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Flash from British Field Meet
From: mit-eddie!en.ecn.purdue.edu!doddp@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Paul E Dodd)
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 90 10:13:46 -0500
T.J. Higgins asks:

Ad in local paper:

'76 Jaguar XJ12L, Chevy 350 V8, T400 transmission,
4dr sedan, newly restored, blah, blah, blah,...

Question of the minute:  if it ain't got a 12-cylinder, is it still an
XJ12L?

Follow up question:  is it even a Jag?  They probably took the Connolly
      out and replaced it with genuine naugahyde (wears so much better,
      you know).
But seriously,
Has anyone out there had experience with trying to replace the
exhaust system (or rather a part of it) on an XJ6C (or even a
4 dr)?  I've been told that they can't custom bend a rear
y-pipe for mine ('76). My y-pipe has a couple of twistys in it,
but I looked at my brother's '76 XJ6L and his are pretty much
straight once they separate. The pipe runs between the converter
and the dual mufflers. As my mufflers are in good shape I don't
wan't to replace the whole system. If what I was told is true,
then does anyone know a source that will sell me just the pipes?

Thanks,
Paul.