Re: The great oil debate

To: John Schubert <jes@hpams0c.hp.com>
Subject: Re: The great oil debate
From: sfisher@wsl.dec.com
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 90 16:37:50 PDT
># Specifically, German camshafts assume the presence of
># a particular compound in their oil -- and no, I can't
># remember what it was (molybdenum disulfide, I think, but
># it's been a while).
>Very amusing....  Either Merecedes uses a different type of
>metal in their cams or this is a lot of hot air...
>Castrol GTX is on the Merecedes approved oils list...

Whoops.  I guess I should have said "Porsche-Audi-VW"
instead of "German," then.  (In short, I'm the one who
needs the intercooler, though some of what this fellow
from Drake said sounded a little hype-y.)  I don't,
for instance, know whether BMW cares about Castrol, or
for that matter whether Trabant does...

--Scott