Serrengetti Vintage Races

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Serrengetti Vintage Races
From: mit-eddie!theory.TN.CORNELL.EDU!garnett@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Roger Garnett)
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 90 11:47:33 EDT
With all this talk of upcoming Lime-Rock, I guess it's time to mention
the Serrengetti Vintage weekend at the Watkins Glen again, Sept. 7-9.
This year's feature is Can-Am, the line-up is looking good. It ought
to be a real treat for the ears. (Bring earplugs if you don't like
loud noises. :-) )
        There will be the "usual" vintage classes, including many of
your favorite British, Italian, German, Japaneese, American and ?
sports/race cars (and some drivers) of the 50's and 60's. Last year,
there were 300+ cars in the races, and another 300+ in show. There's
the Collier Cup, and The "Healey Chalange" cars too.
        As the "show" cars can be any such car you brung, Tilly Kim, and
I should be there with Tilly's Teal Blue, 74 MGB GT, and my (rough)
64 Sprite with the orange interior. We are still open to folks who
want to pull up a piece of floor or tent space at the SLCFWSC on
fri/sat night. We are about a 40 min. drive from the track. Here's
your chance to put your car up on the lift, or mayby get a ride in
a 34 MG PA.
        Of course, I've still got to get an engine back in the GT,
and a few other minor details before then, but hey!
   ________
  /___  _  \        Roger Garnett           (garnett@BATCOMPUTER.TN.CORNELL.EDU)
 /|   ||  \ \       Agricultural Economics   | The All New:
| |___||  _  |      3 Warren Hall            | South Lansing Centre For
| | \  |   | |      Cornell University       | Wayward Sports Cars
 \|  \ |__/ /       Ithaca, N.Y. 14853       | (607) 533-7735
  \________/        (607) 255-2522           | SAFETY FAST!