Re: Various Triumph Items

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Re: Various Triumph Items
From: Kevin Spooner <mit-eddie!hpfcmws.fc.hp.com!britcars@EDDIE.MIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 90 11:14:05 mdt
The seat rails on a TR4 or any TR for that matter are not painted they are
just plain Steel (that likes to rust so keep them greased).  Once thay are
rusted or dented they are nearly imposible to fix!  New ones would be the
best bet.  The TR4 had several interior options one of these was rubber
floor matts in front of the seats with no carpetting under or on top of them.
There is currently no replacement being made that I know of although I need
a good set if anyone knows where to get them.  Unfortunatly they were not very
hardy as they are rather thin rubber.  Many restored TR's that had rubber
have had full carpet sets put in them in place of the rubber matts.

Kevin Spooner
THE SPORTS WORKS OF GREELEY
Specializing in Triumphs and Brithish sports cars

Z~p