Re: Facet fuel pump

To: uiucuxc!cbmvax.commodore.com!augi@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Joe Augenbraun)
Subject: Re: Facet fuel pump
From: sgi!pwcs.StPaul.GOV!phile@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Philip J Ethier)
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 90 8:51:54 CDT
It is the fact that the pints need attention on SU pumps that prompted
me to replace it with a Facet.  There are no points, the case seems to
be potted and sealed so you can't work on it.  Polarity counts
because there are transisters inside.  There are two wires, neither of
which, luickily, seem to be cnnected to the case.  I therefore think I
can put it into my positive-earthed car with the red (+) wire
grounded.  BTW, the pump does click, as there are check valves in it.
If it will work for ten years without attention, I say "yahoo".
--
phile@pwcs.stpaul.gov    In real life: Philip J Ethier
Phone: 298-5324