Sarah's Suspension Saga continues...

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Sarah's Suspension Saga continues...
From: mit-eddie!wsl.dec.com!kent@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 90 17:33:53 PDT
When last we left our story, Sarah's (my TR-4A) front suspension was
apart, and I was trying to figure out where to find suspension parts.
Found them nice and cheap at Triumphs Only in San Jose, and proceded to
clean and paint everything. Reassembled last weekend. Wow! Both sides
of the car are the same height and the right front wheel is centered in
the wheel well! But why is there positive camber? Hmm. Maybe just the
new springs and the fact that the car isn't weighted. And the pulling
to the right is just because I didn't get the toe right. Sure.

Took it to Custom Alignments today. Got a call shortly after lunch --
that accident 10+ years ago didn't just bend brackets, A arm and
vertical link; it bent the frame, too. He can't even get it close. Did
his best, and gave me the card of a frame shop in San Jose that he said
has lots of Triumph experience. Called them up, they've got a 4A in
there now. Estimates next week.

Sigh. I've never dealt with this before. What am I getting myself into?
Is it really possible to salvage this sort of damage?

chris