Elan OEM K-O wheels

To: uunet!alliant.com!british-cars@uunet.UU.NET
Subject: Elan OEM K-O wheels
From: mit-eddie!uunet.UU.NET!bcstec!gsds%tahoma@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (K.C.Babb)
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 89 08:31:00 PST
We have a complete set (4 plus spare) of OEM knock-off wheels for an Elan
for which we have absolutely no need--the car is developed well past the
4-1/2" wheel point (they'd look pretty stupid under those flares, doncha
think?).  They're not beautiful, but they are straight (and I could
easily borrow the Boeing autosports club's sandblasting and painting
equipment and make them beautiful).  The big problem is the amount of
space they consume in our little garage/workshop area.  Does anyone out
there have a good feel for what they'd be worth, either as-is or with
some cosmetic touch-up work?  I'd sure like to see someone else getting
use out of them, but before I advertise I'd like to know what order-of-
magnitude price I should expect (don't want to look like a "compleat
idiut").  Thanks for any inputs.

Karen