Re: [Bricklin] AC evaporator and expansion valve

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Bricklin] AC evaporator and expansion valve
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2010 15:07:09 -0400
At 01:32 PM 4/6/2010, cutright@eoni.com wrote:

 >Hello Guys, I need to get to my AC expansion evaporator valve. From what I
 >can tell it is inside the heater box. Is this correct? Also is
there and easy way to
 >get to it? etc. etc. etc.

Merv,

The expansion valve is located outside the heater/evap boxes, under the dash on
the left side of the evap. box.

The easiest way to get to it, is to at least remove the top dash pad
(crash pad).
But to do that, you'll probably have to remove the inst.
cluster.  For some help
in this area, you might want to read the article on our web site:

http://bricklin.org/TechCentral/TCArticle005.htm

One suggestion, if you are going to open the A/C system, I suggest
that you replace all the hoses.  You probably should think about
replacing the condenser,
evaporator, and dryer also.  These parts are going on 40 yrs old.  To
go through
the hassle of trying to replace 1 part only to have a hose fail, then
to have the
xx fail, etc gets very expensive.

Va. Beach, Va
Phone:  (757) 495-8229