[Bricklin] Door Counterbalance conversions anyone????

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: [Bricklin] Door Counterbalance conversions anyone????
From: bubbaape@earthlink.net
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2009 13:21:31 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
I am greatly interested in getting rid of the stupid pneumatic system and
replacing the door supports with counter balanced rods or any counter balance
system.

I was thinking that I could use a small motor on each side the counter balance
system for opening and closing similar to the pneumatic system without all the
extra drain on power and the option to use the doors manually more freely.

I'm not looking for debate. I'm looking for what has been successful for other
users in the past!

Thanks

KT Touzin
US Coast Guard