Door Restoration Fiberglass Skin removal

To: <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Door Restoration Fiberglass Skin removal
From: "Greg Schroeder" <gschroeder@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 22:11:11 -0500
Thought I knew what I was going to do since I had already rebuilt the
passenger side door so I had a game plan for the drivers side until I got it
off.  It seems that when the fiberglass skin was installed it seems they hid
the edges of the door with bondo and sanded it smooth.  Looks good, but I
cannot seem to find a good edge to start to remove the skin.  Other than
slowly sanding off the bondo to where I can see the corner of the actual metal
are there any other recommendations?

This one really has me scared into what kind of glue was used, but I hope to
get to that point soon.  I plan to reuse this skin so I need to be careful
with the removal.

Greg 0036