Re: Re-Installing Gas Tank

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Re-Installing Gas Tank
From: Mike Walsh <michaelfwalsh@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2006 15:23:31 -0800 (PST)
At 02:19 PM 12/3/2006 -0800, Mike Walsh wrote:

>The rubber hose is extremely
stiff so
>I'm going to try boiling the hose first and if that doesn't work
then
>I'll cut a hole in the "tunnel".

Mike,

Instead of cutting a hole in
the tunnel, why not drill out the pop rivits
and then use something like a
putty knife to cut the glue and lift the
entire tunnel off the trunk area?
Minimal damage.  I had the same problem, but I had my tunnel off and was
able
to work the rubber connector into place with a good bit of effort.

T. Blair  WA4OHZ     email:  jblair1948@cox.net
Va. Beach, Va
(eBay id: zebra48-1)
Phone:  (757) 495-8229

          48 TR1800    48 #4
Midget    65 Morgan 4/4 Series V (B1106)
     75 Bricklin SV1 (#0887)    77
Spitfire    71 Saab Sonett III
                       65 Rambler Classic
Morgan:    www.team.net/www/morgan
Bricklin:  www.bricklin.org

John,
That's a great idea!!! I haven't removed the carpet in the back yet so I
didn't realize there were pop rivets!!

BTW... I replaced the sending unit
with a new one which has 2 hose outlets. I was only able to find a connection
on the body for the vent hose on top of the tank and the larger of the two
outlets on the sending unit (no 3rd hose connection on the body). Did I miss
something or is this correct?

Thanks!!!

Mike