Air conditioning conversions

To: <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Air conditioning conversions
From: "Kevin Rodgers" <krodgers@nautel.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 10:15:28 -0500
There has always been a lot of discussion on how to upgrade the A/C
system in a Bricklin.  The defacto standard seems to be to replace R12
with R134.  However, It has been suggested to me to use R416A as a
replacement for R12.  I'm told you can use all the same hoses with R416A
and it is cooler than R12.

Any comments from anyone on this?

I'm in the middle of an A/C system repair also.

I took the compressor off the car when I had the engine out two years
ago.

This summer I put the compressor back in and took it to an A/C place to
have it recharged.

It worked wonderfully for about a week.

Then it developed a leak in the shaft seal.  (probably dried up because
it was not being used).

Now I'm looking for a new compressor before starting all over again.

Kevin Rodgers

Vin 2824