Re: Carb Spacers

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Carb Spacers
From: greg monfort <altec210@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 16:18:05 -0800 (PST)
Greets!

Correctomundo!  I started to mention this, but for a
variety of reasons, in recent years I've gotten to
where I just answer Qs.  Anyway, the short of it is
that these mills typically need somewhat < 300 cfm
except for passing, etc., so relatively tiny primaries
are all you need. If I hadn't been in such a hurry and
the 2bbls hadn't been dirt cheap back then, I'd have
swapped to an Edlebrock/650 cfm spreadbore double
pumper combo. Today though, a much more fuel/smog
efficient carb would be required.

I've been away from cars for a long time now, I wonder
why the 2bbl cost more? They use to sell them as loss
leaders when I bought mine. Just looking at Jeg's:
http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?lang=-1&catalogId=10002&storeId=10001&categoryId=18875
the price is pretty much in line with what I paid for
mine once inflation is accounted for:
http://inflationdata.com/inflation/Inflation_Rate/InflationCalculator.asp
so can a decent 4 bbl/manifold combo cost less than
this plus electric choke?

GM