Bimba Stainless Air Cylinder replacement

To: "bl" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Bimba Stainless Air Cylinder replacement
From: "Greg Schroeder" <gschroeder@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 15:36:50 -0600
This may be different on each car depending on who installed the air door
system.  I thought I had damaged mine by bending the rod beyond repair. So I
did some checking on the pricing.   Make sure the catch pins are installed
before pressing the up button. It is what caused my problem.  I checked around
for a couple of places and received this information.  You may want to retain
it in case you have a need in the future.  I thought the pricing was pretty
fair.  I was able to repair mine and I am back in business.

Greg

The standard cylinder part #1712-DP is $59.65.

That series of cylinder is non-repairable, it is really considered a "Throw
Away".  If you need anything else, let me know.
Thank you,
Mark Wall
Sloan Fluid Accessories

Email:  markwall@sloanfluid.com