Air Tank (configured as text only)

To: ZZ9 <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Air Tank (configured as text only)
From: blownh-d <blownh-d@jymis.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 14:18:45 -0600
Because the air operated door opening systems are after market not all
are alike.
My #1880 has a rectangular tank that fits inside the rear bumper. It
looks professional
and is out of the way yet easy to get to. The tank on #2745 is a kluge
that looks like a
used freon tank stuffed behind the transmission. The left side exhaust
pipe had to be
lowered some to clear the tank. We all know that ground clearance is at
a premium
so this isn't good. I don't feel comfortable with that flimsy tank under
my butt with
145# pressure. So I would like to make a change but first I need to know
my options.
So if some owners would share what their system uses I would appreciate it.

The operation of the doors is different between my Bricklins. The
buttons have to be held
to fully open or close the doors on #1880. The other system only
requires one touch to
fully operate the doors. I like the latching solenoid system better and
am considering
changing #1880 to that. So who sells what system?

Thanks.....Don in Colorado