Re: New gull wing

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: New gull wing
From: "Seth" <sbunin@cablespeed.com>
Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 23:34:05 -0400
Tag,

I've seen the topic show up on the list before, and there have been
arguments for both sides. Most have claimed a L.A. would be too
slow if it was powerful enough to open the door. My concern would
be the stress on the door. The pneumatic system we use has a built
in shock absorber which dampens some of the stresses the door would
see during opening. I've seen what the hydraulic system did to the doors,
and without reinforcement, I'm not sure the doors would hold up. But I'm
kind of curious now, I know there are L.A's out there that are powerful
enough and fast enough, and should only be pulling 16 or so amps, so
I'm going to do some digging and see what I can come up with.

Seth