Pricing a Bricklin

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Pricing a Bricklin
From: "Cormier Paul (FPMad)" <paulco@madawaska.fraserpapers.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 12:33:15 -0400
Hi everyone,

I was taking a look at a Bricklin for sale locally (which never happens) and
was wondering about how much it would be worth. It's a 1975 and one of the
last ones off the line.  It hasn't been on the road since at least 1997.

Motor/Drivetrain:
Starts and runs fine.  Some oil leaking from somewhere near the oil filter.
Tires are cracked, condition of all transmission gears unknown but car does
move under own power in parking lot.   Overall it needs attention
considering it hasn't run for several years, but nothing major.

Exterior:
Body has been painted but don't know how.  I can flake a bit of paint off
around the inside of the doors where the seals touch, but otherwise I
couldn't see that it was painted.

Large stress cracks on roof and doors, door panels starting to unglue from
metal frame.  Fenders, hood and rear seems to be in good shape, not much
warping.  A few rubber moldings missing.  Water seeps in the car when it
rains even though all door rubbers seem in good shape.

Also noticed the rear panel around the tail lights was originally orange -
could it be that they ran out of white parts and painted one direct from the
factory?

Interior:
Dash cracked underneath (passenger side), driver's seat cracked, carpets
faded. Radio missing. Original oil door cylinders leaking... :)  Everything
else seems ok.

Overall it's a 20ft car (looks good from 20 feet away).   The only major
concern I have is the body.  Since I don't know how it was painted, will I
need to put all new panels?

So what would be a reasonable price for this baby.  :)

Thanks,
..Paul