1974 Seatbelt Interlock

To: Brick <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: 1974 Seatbelt Interlock
From: Tag <atemi-grappler@shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 08:11:01 -0700
Hello,

I have recently had problems with my starter system.  The starter burnt out and
took the selenoid and fuse with it.

Now my Bricklin has a new starter / selenoid / fuse but still wont start.
There is power to the selenoid from the battery.  If I bypass the selenoid with
a cable, the starter spins.  Lights come on on the dash.  However the car still
wont start.

I have looked at the seat belt interlock box under the passenger fender, and
this switch doesnt appear to move.  So I have a few questions.

1) Does anyone have a picture of what the switch is supposed to look like?
Possibly a description of how it is supposed to move?  (It may be jammed)

2) Is there a simple wiring method to bypass the 74 seatbelt interlock
completely?  I have unpluged the wires under the seat, and this has not helped.

Thanks in advance
Tag
Brick #110