RE: Heater Valve

Subject: RE: Heater Valve
From: "John Lodge" <knglionz@cablenet-va.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2002 21:18:09 -0500
The correct operation for the little valve under the dash should cause
engine vacuum to reach the heater control valve in the engine compartment
when the controls are moved to cold.. thus closing the valve and shutting
off flow of water to the heater core.  removing the vacuum line should
reverse the effect unless an incorrect heater control valve was installed..
or the heater control valve is stuck closed for whatever reason... having a
new part does not always mean that it is a functional new part.. there are
many cases where parts on the shelf have been bad from any number of auto
part stores.  I personally bought a radiator for my mother's car that when i
took it out of the box which was sealed and all the packing material was
still in it.. had a hole right in the center of the thing.  Double check the
function of the heater control valve to ensure that this has not happened to
you.

John
---