Re: Buffing Paint

To: "bricklin" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Buffing Paint
From: "High Tech Coatings" <htc@mnsi.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 14:02:52 -0400
Buffing of paint with a wool pad and a high speed polisher is not for the
faint of heart, It is very easy to cross a line and burn right through the
paint. Lines should never be crossed with any buffer and the buffer should
always spin along the line.
 what to use an your car depends greatly on the paint and its condition, if
it is newish polyurethane that has been wet sanded a foam pad with a
'crinkle cut' works great with a SLOW regular buffer. it may take a medium
then fine and super fine compound to get a real nice finish. If you just
want to  bring up the finish on an unknown paint then a random orbit will
work fine. It is hard to create the right amount of heat to bring back the
shine of a sanded finish with a random orbit, but is do-able and the Random
is a bit more forgiving for the 'novice' you don't get many second chances
with a circular polisher and repainting is no fun.