Fw: Cooling

To: <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: Cooling
From: "Mitwelt" <mitwelt@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 07:24:05 -0400
----- Original Message -----
From: Mitwelt
To: Maycinc@cs.com
Sent: Thursday, August 29, 2002 7:22 AM
Subject: Re: Cooling

Yea, I suspected the larger fan would hit at the bottom, OEM does this alot
b/c the angle of the motor to the shroud on 75s.  Flex-a-lite makes a 17"
Steel/Alum non-flexing "race fan", something like P/N 1717p? or very close.
I can't remember the size of the spacer I used, I believe it was either
2-2.5" alum..  If you get at local supplier, you can always return.  Like I
said, the mech fan is not gonna rob that much of the HP, it's just not that
big.   Flex fans are not great, besides coming apart, the don't move enough
air, coupled with a clutch, they become even less sufficient since you now
have both a temp and an inertia dampener.  This may be the problem of poor
temp control.  Finally, I used a switch that threads right into the t'stat
housing.  It is for an elec water pump and rated very high although using a
HO relay is still a good practice.  Summit and JEGS have these.  Never liked
the strap on t'stats, besides looking cheesy, they don't worth a damn and
the relays included with elec fans are crap.

stephan