Bricklin Advise

To: <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Bricklin Advise
From: "RobertPDaley" <RobertPDaley@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 14:28:29 -0400
Hi all - I've been reading Bricklin email / information for some time but
this is my first question. I have been a Bricklin owner from day 1 and
currently have two Bricklins (I recently sold a 4-speed and I am the
original owner of #602 and #1080). My regular driver car is #1065 which is
in better than new condition -- it was like new then (about 5 years ago)
Terry took it apart and put it together properly - that's why it's better
than new!

If anyone has advice on the following please let me know:

1). Yesterday I took the radiator out and brought it to a radiator shop.
They are going to re-core it with a core that has about 30% more fins. Is
there anything I can do to clean the water system while the radiator is out?
Keeping in mind that I do not have any specialized equipment?

2). I have a pretty significant water leak into the passenger floor area.
With the rug and the heat shield / insulation removed I see that the water
is coming in through a vertical seam where the firewall and side wall come
together. The seam is filled with the green glue substance that is in all
the original seams. When water is applied externally so that it runs down
the windshield and under the passenger side front fender it comes into the
car through a small hole in the seam. Normally leaks are repaired from the
outside but the fender covers the outside of this area. Has anyone had any
luck with a seam filler that can be shot through the hole and expands to
fill the hole? If so, what product is used? I have done similar repairs to
basement walls (from the inside out) that worked fine but the stuff I used
would not work on a car. If I have to take the fender off, how hard is it to
get back on - I have a small hand riveter - what size rivets are needed?
What problems occur when removing / installing the fender? How does it
attach to the hood extension? I would rather just fill the hole from the
inside if anyone knows of a product that can be precisely aimed at a very
small spot.

Thanks!
Bob

Bob Daley