Hood Seal

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Hood Seal
From: maycinc@cs.com
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2002 16:27:27 -0400
Anyone ever heard of cowl induction?  If you look at a Nascar or other racer
you'll notice that the carburetor air intake goes to the back of the hood.
This is because it is a high preasure area and it forces more air into the
carb.  I believe that the reason a Bricklin might run cooler without the rear
seal is the relatively cooler air being forced in through the back of the hood
actually increases air flow through the engine compartment.
BTW, Putting in an electric pusher fan helped my heat problem more than
anything else including installing the Flow Kooler water pump that Terry T.
recommended.
Marvin