how I dropped 50 degrees in engine temp

To: <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: how I dropped 50 degrees in engine temp
From: "Just Me" <lvphotogroup@lvcm.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 21:07:08 -0700
I live in Las Vegas and during the summer months my engine temp runs around
240 degrees.  I felt if there was a way to let the heat out of the engine
compartment, it would cool better.  with a way for the air to flow out, it
would increase the air flow passing through the radiator.

I simply removed the hood seals up by the windscreen.  Now it can be 100 plus
outside and the car runs at 190 degrees.  I have also noticed that less heat
is making it's way into the driving compartment and the center console is a
lot cooler.

Larry Ankeny