Re: More Door Trouble!! :(

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: More Door Trouble!! :(
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 20:51:05 -0500
At 08:13 PM 3/10/02 -0500, fierodoug@comcast.net wrote:
>OK, here is my problem:
>My Pass side door goes up and down nice a smooth, no problems.
>My drivers door goes up nice and smooth, but when you push the down switch
it comes down like a ROCKET and I always fear the window smashing!
>I have just installed new gas assist struts from Terry which solved the
saggy doors when open
>If anyone has any info please let me know.

Doug,

  This one is a piece of cake.

  The solenoids are layed out like so:  the ones closest to the drivers
door work the drivers side.  The top one works the up and the lower one
works the down.

  Look at the down solenoid there should be a screw head sticking out of
the lower air outlet on this down solenoid.  Screw it in.  This screw adjusts
the down time, by venting the air in the lift ram over a needle valve on
the screw and through the little bleed hole in the screws housing.  If the
screw is too far out, it vents the air too fast and the door comes down
to quickly.

        65 Rambler Classic

Morgan:    www.team.net/www/morgan
Bricklin:  www.bricklin.org