Re: Bricklin SV1 Car.

To: "Peter Galaszkiewicz" <petergalaszki@hotmail.com>,
Subject: Re: Bricklin SV1 Car.
From: "Michael DeLuca" <turbodmc@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 19:57:01 -0500
Don't be discouraged, if you belong to any car mailing list you typically
only hear about the problems, because that's what people need help with. The
lists let you know what the common problems (and some not so common problems
are). Most of us don't report how much fun it is just  doing something as
mundane as getting gas for the car and having people talk to you for 20
minutes asking to about your car.
You really have to drive down the street and see people react to the car to
appreciate the car.
I could go on and on about the good stuff but when I right to the list it is
typically because I need to know something thus you typically read about
problems not the joy of ownership.

Ownership of anything you are passionate about is always worth the trouble
and expense.
The most important thing is to buy the best car you can afford and have
money budgeted to fix problems.
If you can't afford the car and the maintenance then it will not be fun
,only a burden,

Remember these cars are 25 years old, they will need maintenance so will any
car that age.
Learn as much as you can and try to see as many cars as you can. To find a
good car you may have to travel a long distance, don't buy a junk wagon just
because it is close to where you live or cheap.

Regards,

Mike D.
NY VIN 1557