Re: Fwd: air door solenoids ????

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fwd: air door solenoids ????
From: jblair@exis.net
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 12:06:39 -0400
>Your solenoids should not be leaking. The indentation in the rubber is normal.

>One question I'd have since these are brand new solenoids (which doesn't mean

>they can't be broken) is how much pressure head do you have on the system?

>If your system is overcharged, that will push past the solenoids (they only
have
>xx lb's of hold-off force).

Seth,

  Thanks for the info.  I don't have a pressure guage
in the line.  I guess I'll have to do that this weekend.
I don't think it is too much as the compressor was only on
for about 2 minutes.  Supposedly it takes the compressors
about 4 min to fully charge the system.

>You could try lubricating (sparingly) the valve seat with ATF (or whatever
you're
>using in your mist-er) to make sure you're not binding on the rubber seat.

I'll try that.  I did blow compressed air through the
valve to try and clean any junk out of it - to no avail.

I was thinking about trying to pull the spring a little
further apart to increase the down force on the valve.

John

///
///