Re: Electric Fans

To: <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Electric Fans
From: "alphachi" <alphachi@writeme.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 18:36:09 -0400
Scott, the cooling fans were Flex-a-lite  p/n FLE-310, these are twin 10".
These come with a bulb type  thermostatic control so I opted for the sensor
type that threads into the manifold or t'stat housing.  The Moroso p\n for
the t'stat is in JEGS cat 710-63760.

You can ditch the cumbersome control box and hook up the t'stat to an HD
relay directly to the fans.  The fans mount in front of the A/C condenser
and depending on your B, may be able to snug up close by clearing the A/C
receiver mounted on the side.  I would not use the plastic push thru mounts
as they can really mess up your radiator.  Instead, have a few alum flatbar
brackets fashioned --I have one going across the top of the radiator to the
fans, and two beneath.  You will can't really tell under the hood until they
come on.   Note that mine are about two inches away from the condenser and
still to a fine job(more hamfisted shenanigans I have yet to correct).
Mount the fans at the bottom of the condenser/radiator for best cooling.  I
also removed the fan clutch and installed a 17" race fan and spacer, and an
edelbrock waterpump, but I honestly don't think any of these made any
difference except in my wallet.   All I know is with the fans out of
circuit, the temp rises very quickly.

stephan #2821