Re: Who made the original wheels?

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Who made the original wheels?
From: "Seth" <sbunin@provide.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 17:42:05 -0400
I've got a spare that I believe was from an old T-bird (not sure
where it came from). It is made by Goodyear and called
"Custom Mini-spare". I'm guessing mine is pretty old as it's
labeled as an F78-14. The tire is collapsible and takes up only
about another inch over the rim in diameter. Since brick's have
their own onboard air tank (assuming you have air doors), if
you get a flat, you use your air chuck to air chuck line (have
to make seperately) and fill the spare up.

Seth

On 4/10/01, at 10:24 AM, Chuck Simms wrote:

>I'm looking for a wheel for the spare tire.  What kind
>of wheel was original and are there any close matches
>that I can search for?
>
>Does anybody have a good way of mounting the spare?
>It's a pain having to put it in the back hatch.  I
>checked out run-flat tires but they don't make them in
>15 inch sizes and they're expensivvvvvvve $$$.
>
>I'm still looking for info about what the back window
>was taken from so I can check the possibility of
>getting louvers.
>
>Chuck

///
///